Simply Wild Beanie – Free Crochet Pattern
*** I hope you enjoy this free crochet pattern (adult size) available here on my blog! An ad-free, formatted PDF version of this crochet pattern is also available for purchase at the buttons below. The PDF includes the full range of sizes including 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, toddler, child, teen, and adult.
I don’t think I’ve ever been this excited for a pattern release! I’m so happy to introduce my Simply Wild Beanie! This is a super special pattern to me because it was the first time I created a chart!
The best part about this pattern is that the leopard print design is seamless for each size, so your work will align at the beginning and end of each round.
There are so many different color options for this beanie! I’ve also included instruction for both a fitted and slouchy beanie, whichever you prefer. For this pattern, I used WeCrochet’s Brava Worsted for the solid colors, and I used WeCrochet’s Chroma Worsted for the inside of the spots.
Don’t forget to save this pattern in your favorites and add it to your project queue to save it for later! View this pattern on Ravelry here.
I’d love to see what you make with this tutorial! Don’t forget to share a photo of your finished work in your Ravelry projects and my Facebook group!
Simply Wild Beanie
Size: Adult (full range of sizes available in PDF download for purchase)
Gauge: 4” = 7 DC rows and 14 DC sts (See approximate circumference / length for each size)
Hook Size: 5.0mm (H), 6.0mm (J)
Other Tools: tapestry needle, scissors
Yarn Weight: Medium (4), Worsted
Yarn Used: WeCrochet Brava Worsted and Chroma Worsted
Yardage: Adult size – color A (gray) 110 yds; color B (black) 38 yds; color C (rainbow) 40 yds
Other Materials: faux fur pom (optional)
st = stitch
sl st = slip stitch
ch = chain
SC = single crochet
DC = double crochet
- Chain 1 at the beginning of each row does NOT count as a stitch (unless otherwise specified).
- Chain 2 at the beginning of each round does NOT count as a stitch (unless otherwise specified).
- Approximate circumference for each size is the measurement that your band should comfortably stretch to (the actual length of your band will be shorter).
- Note that carrying your yarn throughout your colorwork requires a loose tension. If you typically crochet tighter, I suggest increasing your hook size.
- The chart is written to include 3 different colors. If you would prefer a more simple design, you could omit the inside spot color.
- This pattern uses a chart to dictate your color changes. Begin with row 1, stitch 1, which is in the bottom right corner (working right to left for each row). When you reach the end of that row, you will then begin with row 2, stitch 1, and so on. If you are left-handed, you will begin the chart at the bottom left corner.
- The leopard print pattern is seamless, so your spots will align on both ends of your round.
Approx. circumference: 23” / Approx. length: 11.5” or 9.5”
R1: SC in second ch from hook and each st to end of row. (8 sts)
R2-65: Ch 1. Turn. Working in the back loops of previous round, SC in each st across. (8 sts)
Bring both ends of band together and join with a sl st to the top of first row. Sl st the two ends of the band together.
Do not fasten off.
R1: Ch 1. Work 1 SC along the top of each row in the ribbed band. Join with a sl st to beginning SC. (65 sts)
Using 6.0mm (J) hook; refer to colorwork chart:
R2-14: Ch 2. 1 DC in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to beginning. (65 sts)
If making a fitted beanie, stop here. Leave long tail for finishing. Fasten off.
If making a slouchy beanie, continue on.
R15-18: Ch 2. 1 DC in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to beginning. (35 sts)
Leave long tail for finishing. Fasten off.
Weave tails of yarn through every other stitch from your last round. Pull tightly and sew hole shut. Fasten off. Weave in ends.
If desired, attach faux fur pom.
If you’ve enjoyed this pattern, be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter so that you never miss a pattern release, and have subscriber only access to exclusive discount codes, offers, and freebies!
Thanks for stopping by! Happy crafting!
PATTERN COPYRIGHT © 2023 NICOLE CHASE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PATTERN MAY NOT BE ALTERED, COPIED, REDISTRIBUTED OR SOLD AS YOUR OWN PATTERN.
YOU MAY SELL THE FINISHED PRODUCT ON A SMALL SCALE. PATTERN/DESIGN CREDIT GIVEN TO WWW.THENICOLECHASE.COM IS APPRECIATED. PERMISSION TO SELL DOES NOT INCLUDE MASS PRODUCTION. LARGE SCALE PRODUCTION IS PROHIBITED.
PHOTOGRAPHY COPYRIGHT © 2023 NICOLE CHASE. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
PHOTOS MAY NOT BE ALTERED, COPIED, REDISTRIBUTED OR SOLD AS YOUR OWN.